What are the symptoms of unbalanced wheels?
- Vibrating steering wheel, floorboards and seats.
- Increased and uneven motion in the car body.
- The vehicle is pulling to one side
- Uncomfortable and bumpy rides.
- Uneven tread wear.
- Increased braking distances, etc.
We always recommend you to avail expert assistance from our professionals who will carry out additional checks to ensure there are no other critical issues in your car, which can jeopardise your driving safety.
About our wheel balancing check
Some of the steps we follow while conducting wheel balancing Wokingham are discussed below.
- Mounting the tyre and wheel assembly on our state-of-the-art wheel balancing machine.
- Rotating it at a high speed to note down the vibrations and other essential readings.
- Analysing the data received to identify the areas of improper weight distribution.
- Attaching appropriate counterweights wherever required on the wheel to equalise weight distribution across the entire circumference.
- Re-mounting the assembly back on the car after checking the tyre pressure and inflating or deflating it, if required.
Please note you may find several DIY-friendly wheel balancing videos on the internet. However, do not follow those as wheel balancing Wokingham is an extremely intricate process and needs professional understanding to carry out the check adequately.
What causes wheel imbalance?
Wheel imbalance is caused by several factors, like:
- Manufacturing defect in wheels and tyres.
- Inaccurately fitted wheels and tyres.
- Deduction of weight from one side due to stem hole of the wheel.
- Hitting curbs or potholes
- Worn-out shock absorbers, etc.
Hence, do not delay in searching for “car wheel balancing near me” anymore and visit us at the earliest if you think your car’s wheels are out of balance. Also, we conduct wheel balancing as standard practice every time we install new tyres or wheels on a vehicle.
Wish to learn more about us?
Call us on 01189798842.